PhIP-05: Multisig Signer Election Process was approved; therefore, we are seeking four additional multisig wallet holders for the DAO’s treasury. This is the nomination thread.
To nominate yourself, please respond to this thread and answer these prompts:
- Discord handle
- Reason for applying
- Describe your involvement thus far in the Phonon DAO
- Qualifications - What will you bring to the multisig group?
- We are looking for reliable individuals who will not otherwise conspire to steal the DAO’s money.
- Diverse geographic locations would be desired for timing and security.
- This thread will stay open for 7 days for nominations.
- After 7 days, the nomination period closes. If there are not 4+ applicants, this thread will remain open until 4+ nominations are received.
- A new post will be created for voting on our Discourse site. Voting will last for 7 days. DAO members will be allowed to vote for 4 candidates.
- The 4 applicants with the most votes are submitted to the DAO for approval via a snapshot vote, voting lasts for 7 days and quorum is 20%+ of PHONON (from circulating supply).
- If the vote passes, new multisig wallet holders are added.
- If the vote fails, PDBG gets feedback from the DAO and ensures the feedback is disseminated. The election process takes place again. Anyone is free to reuse an existing application and the existing multisig wallet holders remain until new holders are elected.
- Any DAO member is eligible to apply.
- There are no term limits.
Self-nomination: Banan Tarr
Reason for applying: To provide the DAO with a more robust multi-sig while not adding extra delays.
My involvement thus far: Active PBDG member, community engagement in Discord and Twitter, infographic creation, participation in the brainstorming process for basically every aspect of Phonon, bug bounty program framework, etc
Qualifications: Located in Alaska and not planning on stealing DAO funds?
I am applying to help a project with a ton of potential to be a game changer. I have been in crypto and cybersecurity for 10+ years and would love to help a great project succeed and stay secure.
Involvement: Lurking on Discord, keeping up with technical details of the project, holder of PHONON tokens.
Qualifications: Cybersecurity professional with 10 years experience working in government and commercial spaces. Passionate about crypto and blockchain technology and security, and looking to expand skillset into blockchain security. Can offer secure networks and multiple offsite backup locations with varied geographical locations, depending on use case. Based in the Washington, DC area.
Self-nomination: AZOR in discord. Greenwich meridian.
I solemny swear my utter distrust in controlled and oversighted systems which serve the goal to silence the free will of mankind. I believe our work here serves the higher goal to provide one of the corner stones that will give back to humanity the responsability to handle their own life. I may not be your blockchain specialist from day one, I wish I was but my eyes didn’t open at that time. Nevertheless I’m working to provide the ultimate perfect secrecy proof that quantum communication gives and I aim to give my will and skills to diversify and further Phonon’s goals. Being part of the cybersec community I eventually got my hands into crypto, diving deeper I ended up knowing about Phonon and couldn’t believe how I didn’t think of this system myself.
Today I want to bring my stone to this building, which will be part of history. Together we’ll build a world for everyone to live in if they wish to. We will pave the way for the next generation to strive on. This is our chance, let’s take it together.
@rake’s vote is cast to @mickey …
@rake votes @Phononymous | banan too
- Discord handle: 0xWinger#1093
- Reason for applying: I am an active contributor and governance participant in multiple DeFi projects. I have also been involved in the crypto space since 2015. Although I only just found Phonon recently, it is a project that I have been waiting for for a long time. And I believe it deserves attention and trustworthy members for it to reach its potential.
- Describe your involvement thus far in the Phonon DAO: Up to this point I may just be known as the person asking silly questions… But, I’m catching up quickly and actively learning as much as I can. I’d like to increase the quality and frequency of my contribution and engagement and bring a practical voice to the project.
- Qualifications - What will you bring to the multisig group? Active member, willing and available to communicate, and able to think independently for any signature request worth consideration. I may be a conspiracy theorist but I have no intention of conspiring myself. Central Standard Time.
Please feel free to ask me anything. I’d be happy to answer any question to provide confidence in your vote.
My nomination goes to @rake as a multisig signer.
Reason for applying: I am a large holder and believer in Phonon DAO ever since Alan Orwick pitched to to me at an ATX DAO event. After seeing Dr. Karl Kreder present the idea of actual digital cash, phonon, I knew that it was the project that I would try to get involved in as a young college student at UT Austin.
Describe your involvement thus far in the Phonon DAO: So far I haven’t got to do anything for the DAO but keeping up with all the updates and telling everyone I know about phonon is what I’ve been doing.
Qualifications - What will you bring to the multisig group?: Currently I am the Corporate Communications manager at the Texas Blockchain Club at UT Austin. I have connected with a multitude of crypto/blockchain companies/enthusiasts all of the country. I have an internship at a Crypto/Web3 VC firm, Steel Perlot, this summer, meaning I’ll be in LA/NY.
Thank you all for self-nominating! Seven days have passed, and we are moving on to voting. Please vote here: Voting for Four New Multisig Wallet Holders