This post is just a brain dump to start a discussion. I’ll make a more formal proposal if the community thinks this idea is worth pursuing
I believe creating a “Phonon Phrens” NFT project is a cost effective method of marketing and community building.
- Hate it or love it, people love promoting their bags and joining a “tribe”. Testnet participants are potential PHONON holders / community members. An NFT provides an outlet for this desire.
- Demonstrates a use case of the Phonon Network. The NFTs can be distributed privately using our network which is POC for DAO bootstrapping.
- We have some influential players in our small community. A co-ordinated twitter PP campaign could get people talking and asking questions (I haven’t spoken to anyone or had any commitments).
- Deploy an ERC721 contract that allows an address to mint if they can provide a signed message from the contract owner containing their address.
- Generate X number of phonons and sign a message for each.
- Deploy a simple website that allows users to connect their wallet, get their signed message from an allowlist, and mint.
- For each testnet participant that completes a predetermined number of tasks, send them a phonon that when redeemed will give them the ability to mint.
- The DAO can also decide in the future to give valued community members an NFT by creating a new phonon and updating the allow list on the website.
Obviously art is subjective so I expect a lot of opinions here. That being said, I think many would agree that an obvious mascot for PhononDAO is a goat. There are already goat themed NFTs but if we go down this route I think we can find an art style that makes ours unique.
I am happy to handle the development of the contract and website however I would like some input into the website design. I’m sure we can source that from the community.
The two expenses I see are
- Deployment of NFT contract - $300-500 at current gas prices
- Art - How long is a piece of string?
What do we think is an appropriate budget for art? Is there anyone in the community we can get involved?
What should the max supply of the project be? I suggest 500 as this gives us about 40% for the testnet participants and the remainder for future community members.
Do we only want to reveal an NFT after it is minted? This adds a lot of complexity but it is something that can be explored if the community thinks it is worth doing.